Monday, March 5, 2012

Maximum Zig Zag

Isabelle loves to model for me, but I realized today that Zoe hasn't shown off a dress for me in a while.  Iz was not happy about it, but she came out with us to be "model coach."  My kids are nuts.

DSC_0002 (2)

The default pose.  That came from dance class and Isabelle rarely poses without throwing it in.  So, of course, so did Zoe.

DSC_0003 (2)

If you notice, and you will now that I'm pointing it out, that the straps are too long for her, so I had to do some quick thinking and I just shoved the button through my double crochet and folded it over.

DSC_0004 (2)

I didn't intend to make a maxi dress, but the Dodo is shorter than the other two.  I like it.  The other two dresses will be the same length, but it hits just below the knee on her sisters.

DSC_0005 (2)

Unfortunately, the back is a bit wonky, but not as bad as it looks in this picture.  She's twisted kind of funny.  I wasn't really thinking when I made the bodice and I had to get creative with the closure.  I didn't make button holes - that would have been too easy - so I sewed some hair elastics onto it.  It works.  It overlaps more than I thought it would, so the skirt is a little bunchy.  I think the other two will be worked in the round to avoid that.  I just wasn't sure how much the cotton yarn would shrink and was too lazy to make a swatch. 

DSC_0006 (2)

I think one of the next two will have a straight striped pattern and the other will have a granny square top.  Isabelle has a fascination for grannies.  She's going to be my crocheter, I'm sure of it.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...