Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Birthday preparations

I am in a far, far better mood today.  I figured I would be.  Thanks for putting up with my whininess.

The Green Kangaroo (aka Isabelle... or Velveeta, depending on the day) is turning 6 next month and I asked her if she wanted me to make her a pillow for her birthday.  She's always had an attachment to her pillow, much like some kids have with their blankets.  She carries that stupid pillow everywhere.  It's not special, just a standard pillow (that's been replaced a few times when she wasn't home).  I thought maybe she'd like a special pillow.  I was thinking a flower pillow... which she's totally down for. 

But that's not all.  Somehow, she got in her head that she wanted a cheeseburger pillow.  Cheeseburger?  Yes, cheeseburger.  I don't know why... I really don't question her too much any more. 

Oh, but wait.... there's more.  She wants a granny square pillow, too.  The child loves granny squares.  Is this hooker proud?  Yes.

But with less than a month to go, I don't see me making three pillows.  Sorry, Iz.

I had a brainstorm today and decided that we'd combine the granny and flower pillow.  I went in search of flower-like grannies and this is what I came up with...



The Odyssey



Anticipation Mystery



More V's Please

All three are 12" squares and after some figuring, I believe 12 of them will make a pillow case.  That way I can wash it when it needs after she drags it around.  It may be a tad roomy, but I crochet tight, so it may be just right. And I didn't want anything overtly flower-y or too 3-D since she'll probably sleep with it. 

The Dodo and I went to pick out yarn for it.

Birthday prep

I'm going to work on it at night so it's a surprise, but I'll probably do the cheeseburger with her around.  I am improvising the cheeseburger.  I looked, but couldn't find a cheeseburger pillow pattern.  Imagine that....  ;)  I did find one that was about 6", so obviously there are people out there who need burgers to cuddle with other than my odd child.

My project list kind of exploded on me today.... I realized my mom's birthday is coming up, and Mother's Day.  Oh, and Teacher Appreciation is in May, I think.  Gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...